Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ZEIT GEIST

'spirit of the times' as it means in Deutsch

what is it today

was at a talk yest nite - a photographer - big in his day - shooting fashion - celebs -
painted a picture of the times - hard charging 80's - ppl snorting coke at nightclubs through the week - during day at work yada yada..

guess that was like just after the Studio 54 days

anyway now's another time -
who can pin it -

it's like..
well I'd say one of the biggest things going is technology - who has the best computers, gadgets..

this said I work at a computer store - Mac store - which sells other stuff as well -
the feelers are out and we sell the cutting edges

movies are popular even so I rank writing above in terms of depth

my books are for sale at the store I work at

23rd St in beating heart of Manhattan

Chelsea - where the gallery scene is -

where I'm scoping to find the best - to enter fotos, vids..

you see art melts the ice - melts or cracks it - shatters

tonight my Sweedish friend and I saw a painting in the trash out front my apt -

later we saw that someone had extracted it - propped it up on a ledge in the lobby hallway - in plain view as one descends steps - we loled.. She made way to 86th and I went and got paper towels at the corner store - talking on cellphone to friend heading to party at Gramercy Hotel.

what say we go way beyond 'technology' in terms of our zeit geist

how to actuate how to actuate

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive