Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the move to the Heights

As many of you know I moved seven days ago from here

http://gallery.east-harlem.com/showphoto.php?photo=409

to here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Heights%2C_Manhattan

Thankfully : )

Here I’ll give a quick account of a last leg of the move.

It was to collect an art-deco-style wooden chair from my 117th St apt
and transport it to my new big apartment in the Heights.

now, there were other items I had to transport as well, including the Whole Food bag in my hand, which contained 2 packages of ground beef (I was to attend a dinner in the Heights that night - just a few blocks away from new apt).

Consolidation was the name of the game. Utilising some clear packing tape, I secured to the chair (as you can see in the photo) - we’ll start from bottom up - a big New Yorker Cartoon book, a Strong’s concordance, a Bible, an Art Theory book, in the plastic bag are toiletries (including my former aptmate’s bottle of shampoo - lookt just like mine - which, incidentally, I had to reimburse) and yes, there’s the Whole Foods bag - the cashier gave me this neat hot/cold package - worked great; retaining freshness.

I lugged chair thru Harlem to 3 train (entrance seen in photo), zoomed to the 1 at 96 - uptown to 168, walked to apt - stuck chair in room, cut free the bag of beef, and made for friend’s apt up by 181. I greeted the group of friends, handed over the beef, which got formed into patties, sizzled on a grill.. We sat eating burgers happily watching March Madness.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive