Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Numbers

they say 'numbers don't lie'
whatever that means..
Artists tend to find numbers boring..
They fascinate me.
Esp when you consider how many scenes people have seen.
Some have seen more than others.
E.g. some lady working at a rest stop Wendy's near Akron Ohio day in day out twenty years straight - seeing that same griddle day after day - wearing same outfit.. - as compared to someone who's been traveling the world for 20 years straight..
How about word count. I finished reading another book today. They're stacking up in my apartment.. plus there's a huge trash bag of magazines (New Yorker, Frieze, Economist among others) sitting by my door as I type - ready to be hauled down the 6 flights in the morning, hurled onto the big heaps of garbage in the courtyard.. There's a number of words I've read over the course of my life - - - how does that compare to yours I wonder (do you wonder that!).. - I reckon someone like an 80 year old professor of Philosophy at Oxford or Harvard is way ahead of me.. Could be that on a given day I surpass y'know - cross the line..
Currently reading 'Art in Theory, An Anthology of Changing Ideas' (1127 pages)..
What are you reading..
And how about writing.. there's a number of words you've written over your life span..
I just finished writing a new book called 'it is what it is' - look for it in the Spring - plan to buy, read and discuss it with friends : )
and get 7C if you've yet to experience.. available at www.adamtyson.com
I just read that Madame Blavatsky filled 14 volumes with over 60,000 pages of prose..
How about Winston Churchill - he used to crank out the history books..

and what about colors - is there a set numbber of colors - doesn't there have to be in order for them to exist? - let that concept spin in your cranium eh..

Imagine a world without numbers - better yet imagine it with more numbers - like you slip your ATM card in - and your balance appears as 1,004,587,342.87

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive